Question for Dual Fire owners..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyC

On the Dual Fire what exactly makes the the searing/flame side any different from the normal smoker side?
Is it just that there is no deflector plate? It looks like the fire pot is still covered but flames can escape around the sides of the drip tray.
Is that correct?

thanks!

I’ve never seen one in person, but pictures look a lot like the hot side is made similar to what you would expect from a square Bullseye. Also, like the Bullseye, the hot side doesn’t appear to have a drip plate.

I agree with above. The deflector on the flame side is just a deflector but has holes on the outside of it with no dip pan. That's the big difference as you can get flame up b/c of no dip pan.

On the Dual Fire what exactly makes the the searing/flame side any different from the normal smoker side?
Is it just that there is no deflector plate? It looks like the fire pot is still covered but flames can escape around the sides of the drip tray.
Is that correct?

thanks!
That’s a great question. One that I had initially as well. It all comes down to the parts underneath the grate. On the smoker side is your heavy duty, thick metal heat shield underneath the drip tray, the other side has a much more thin, perforated shield that keeps stuff from getting in the fire pot but allows heat to travel directly to the grilling food. There is an extreme difference. Set to full it’s hard to stand next to the grill side. I usually run it at about 400

IMG_3024.jpeg

That’s a great question. One that I had initially as well. It all comes down to the parts underneath the grate. On the smoker side is your heavy duty, thick metal heat shield underneath the drip tray, the other side has a much more thin, perforated shield that keeps stuff from getting in the fire pot but allows heat to travel directly to the grilling food. There is an extreme difference. Set to full it’s hard to stand next to the grill side. I usually run it at about 400

View attachment 22141
thanks for the info. very helpful. my concern was/is how easy it will be to get some direct flame touching the meats. You can get the flames high enough when only set to 400?
Love your setup.. i think that is exactly what i want as well.. the dual fire with the smoke box. ability to cook at 3 different temps! I only wish the smokebox offered some kind of damper to lower the temps even more for true cold smoking.
Just waiting for the dual fire to go on sale again with a price close to the memorial day price.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back