Bull Mold in chamber

Plumberguy

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Haven't used the Bull in a while, and noticed some small patches of mold in a few different places in the cook chamber and smoke stack. Thinking about just scraping, cleaning with some CitrusSafe or similar, doing a 400 degree cook off. No big deal, but appreciate any other thoughts..

I would do something similar and keep the temp up for maybe an hour. I would also scrub the cooling grates and drip pan.

I had this happen over the wet winter as well. I wiped down the obvious stuff, let the grill run at about 350 for about an hour, then wiped and cleaned everything again. I foil my drip pan, so I just replaced the foil. I used my Grill Rescue brush on the hot grill and everything was back to normal with no adverse effect.

I had this happen over the wet winter as well. I wiped down the obvious stuff, let the grill run at about 350 for about an hour, then wiped and cleaned everything again. I foil my drip pan, so I just replaced the foil. I used my Grill Rescue brush on the hot grill and everything was back to normal with no adverse effect.
How do you like that grill rescue? Great on stainless steel grates? I have a cast iron grate on my bullseye which I know that won't be good but on my Bull....maybe I should get one.

I use the Grill Rescue "brush" on my SS grates on both my Recteq and PK grill, and on my Blackstone. It isn't a "miracle tool", but it does a nice job of cleaning off most of the gunk when the surface to be cleaned is already hot and you do a little repetitive scrubbing rinsing the sponge multiple times. I pop the sponge in the dishwasher after use and I get about a couple of years out of each sponge.

I use the Grill Rescue "brush" on my SS grates on both my Recteq and PK grill, and on my Blackstone. It isn't a "miracle tool", but it does a nice job of cleaning off most of the gunk when the surface to be cleaned is already hot and you do a little repetitive scrubbing rinsing the sponge multiple times. I pop the sponge in the dishwasher after use and I get about a couple of years out of each sponge.
When you use it, is it just damp, or really wet — water on the drip pan or in the barrel?

I soak the heck out of it. It drips onto the drip pan and into the bucket, but essentially washes and steam cleans everything. Same approach on the Blackstone.

I soak the heck out of it. It drips onto the drip pan and into the bucket, but essentially washes and steam cleans everything. Same approach on the Blackstone.
I confess I’ve never used mine on anything but the Halo flattop, but you’ve convinced me I need to try it on the grill.

I smoked many briskets and butts last winter in sub-freezing temps. I don't have that problem.

I smoked many briskets and butts last winter in sub-freezing temps. I don't have that problem.
I believe the issue was trapped moisture, not a temperature thing. I've had similar experiences with Weber kettles, etc. that spend their winters under covers in wet weather. I chalk it up to a potential spring cleaning issue each year.

I had the same thing happen to my Patio Legend 410 after a month or two of non use. Ive never had this issue with my Weber gasser. But I attribute it to the fact for the Weber, I leave the top open until its cold before covering it. The Recteq i leave closed and let the fan do its job and then cover it. I would guess there is a small amount of moisture left.
But like Pacman, I just wiped as much up, set the temp to 400 and let it burn it clean

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rmiz64
Back