Pizza on the 1250

BTW, I did not have Caputo 00 flour so I used King Arthur AP, seemed to work fine. I would imagine the Caputo flour that Roaniecowpony called for would be better, but I don't stock that and it's very expensive. Best of luck.

Looking forward to trying this recipe once the weekend weather starts cooperating. My dough recipe is one of those long overnight things that stifles my pizza creations.
I also found that the need for pizza was more spontaneous by guests and long dough making recipes just weren't cutting it. So, I searched out some "quick" dough recipes and adapted them to my liking.

BTW, I did not have Caputo 00 flour so I used King Arthur AP, seemed to work fine. I would imagine the Caputo flour that Roaniecowpony called for would be better, but I don't stock that and it's very expensive. Best of luck.
I tried a bag of Caputo 00 for pizzas, no complaints but this palate couldn’t tell the diference. Maybe if I used both on 2 separate pizzas at the same time, but not weeks apart.

I tried a bag of Caputo 00 for pizzas, no complaints but this palate couldn’t tell the diference. Maybe if I used both on 2 separate pizzas at the same time, but not weeks apart.
I make my dough in the Zojirushi bread maker with AP. Maybe I can tell the difference in a side by side, but if they’re not side by side AP is awesome!

It looks like Blackstone has decided to do the 2.0 version of the propane pizza oven. Hopefully, for the higher price, you'll get a better quality product than the last version. It's been about a decade since Blackstone had their first version and it flopped due to poor quality and even some hazards associated with the burner valve seals.

But these things cook a pizza like a true wood fired oven costing many thousands and taking lots of real estate.

https://blackstoneproducts.com/products/blackstone-pizza-oven

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavro85
Back