Bullseye Weld Issues

Waterboy

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
I ordered a Bullseye and When it arrived it had three spots where welds for a bracket had burned through the drum in three places.

F6A92286-A4B8-40AE-99CE-202FD7891EF0.jpeg

I called customer service and they sent out another one. This showed up today with fewer burn throughs.

82249133-9C32-49BC-92B5-81D84BF5E8D7.jpeg

I don’t plan to do greasy low and slow cook since I have a Bull but I also don’t want to fight a constant leak when cooking steaks, chicken or burgers either. Any thoughts for Bullseye owners? I’m trying to decide if I live with it, call customer service again or just send them both back and move on to something else.

I’ve owned 2 Bullseyes now, but have never had that problem with either one. My approach to something like this is, if I think it bugs me now when it is new then it will always bug me. Some people are good at dismissing the small stuff-I’m not one of them. Follow your heart on this issue.

Sorry.. I would not accept that. Send them both back. Give them 1 more chance and let them know it.
That’s what I’m planning. I had a little issue dealing with them on the first return, we’ll see what their attitude is with this one. I’ll call them tomorrow.

That’s what I’m planning. I had a little issue dealing with them on the first return, we’ll see what their attitude is with this one. I’ll call them tomorrow.

I'm sure they will make it right.. just a little frustration to get there. Not sure what other options there are 🤷‍♂️.Good luck.

So much for quality control. Maybe QC is teleworking these days :unsure:
No, companies are down sizing QA/QC departments, deemed an unnecessary cost driver. Oh and slowing production schedules down and you can’t have that!

I talked to customer service today and they agreed to send out a new grill. They also agreed to inspect it before they essentially it out. I was told they really were pretty small holes and that most people wouldn’t even notice. I told him I wanted either a grill without defects (because my payment had no defects) or I wanted a full refund. He tried to tell me in our discussion on the first grill that I would be charged a 15% restocking fee if I wanted a refund.

Their “make it right” pledge seems to have changed a bit. 🙄

If it’s defective, it’s defective. Why would they be restocking a grill that’s defective? Why would you have to pay 15% for that “privilege”?

I talked to customer service today and they agreed to send out a new grill. They also agreed to inspect it before they essentially it out. I was told they really were pretty small holes and that most people wouldn’t even notice. I told him I wanted either a grill without defects (because my payment had no defects) or I wanted a full refund. He tried to tell me in our discussion on the first grill that I would be charged a 15% restocking fee if I wanted a refund.

And I would tell them when the charges are disputed with the bank, the pictures will show the reasons and likely they would not win that one. Sometimes these folks act like they own the company rather than make customers happy. I just don’t get it :unsure:.

I told him I wanted either a grill without defects (because my payment had no defects) or I wanted a full refund.
This is an awesome response. I might have to use that from time to time 😂

He tried to tell me in our discussion on the first grill that I would be charged a 15% restocking fee if I wanted a refund.
This is BS and I would ask to speak to a supervisor/manager if it came to this.

@Simarti28 if it comes to it I’ll make sure they read their own return policy. It says:

”You may return most items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund of your purchase price. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). recteq, LLC reserves the right to withhold any applicable shipping charges, plus a 15% re-stocking fee, from the refund amount of any returned order that is not the result of an incorrect or defective item.”

I think things will be OK this time as long as they check out the grill before shipping, like they promised they would.

Rec Teq has really had some WTF moments in the last year or so. Seems to have gotten worse since the Northwest Equity Partners deal.

While I enjoy my RT-700, I doubt I would buy another grill from them.

Sorry.. I would not accept that. Send them both back. Give them 1 more chance and let them know it.
Screw that. They sent TWO defective grills. Why would you give them another shot?

It is really sad to watch a once-respected company slide into the “equity partner” abyss! Unfortunately, it is an all-too-common spectacle these days. In the not-too-distant future, I’m going to upgrade from my RT-340 and its replacement certainly won’t be a Recteq product!

Reactions: JGW

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksjenkin
Back