Brisket

Bustergut

I have always sliced my briskets but I'm wondering if anybody has any thoughts on chopped vs. pulled vs. sliced.

I prefer mine sliced, even the point. But I've been cooking primal chuck cuts lately and a pulled sandwich from that is hard to beat, it's just a bit beefier

IMG_20221002_183447_01.jpg

I like both. There is nothing better than a chopped or pulled brisket sandwich slathered with my home made sauces. Perhaps it’s the NC in me and my fondness for pulled and chopped pork. However, my family and friends stand in line to get their hands on my sliced brisket which I do for a more formal dinner presentation with all the sides and fixin’s. Either way, the process is very similar except I pull the brisket that will be chopped about 5F sooner because it will be further processed during the saucing stage which reintroduces moisture.
Just my thoughts. Great question.

Last edited:
I like both. There is nothing better than a chopped or pulled brisket sandwich slathered with my home made sauces. Perhaps its the NC in me and my fondness for pulled and chopped pork. However, my family and friends stand in line to get their hands on my sliced brisket which I do for a more formal dinner presentation with all the sides and fixin’s. Either way, the process is very similar except I pull the brisket that will be chopped about 5F sooner because it will be further processed during the saucing stage which reintroduces moisture.
Just my thoughts. Great question.
And a great answer. Thanks. I think I might try chopped next time.

And a great answer. Thanks. I think I might try chopped next time.
Thanks for the reply. If you go chopped or pulled, I recommend a sweet pickle and an onion ring on the top using a sesame seed or onion bun. If you have it, use Kewpie Mayo on the bun also
ProTip: Butter the bun and toast it. The purpose of toasting the bun is that it keeps the sauces from seeping through the bun and making it a soggy mess. This works for almost anything that has a sauce applied like hamburgers, pulled pork sandwiches and similar. I don’t use that method for Sloppy Joes, hence the name, haha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back