RT-700 casters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmmcdaid

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hello all,

I had a caster wheel break off darn near dumping the smoker before I could catch it. Is it possible to weld caster wheels on instead of the threaded caster wheels?

Thanks BM

There are lots of posts on the forum about wheel upgrades. Just use the search tool and enter “wheel upgrades” and you’ll get a ton of information. I don’t know why Recteq doesn’t fix the wheel problem. At least offer an upgrade when you purchase the grill.

There are lots of posts on the forum about wheel upgrades. Just use the search tool and enter “wheel upgrades” and you’ll get a ton of information. I don’t know why Recteq doesn’t fix the wheel problem. At least offer an upgrade when you purchase the grill.
They do offer an upgrade - the competition cart.

This is what I recently bought off Amazon based on a forum post from a while back.

DICASAL 3 Inch Heavy Duty Stem... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B1JPLZM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I recently had one of my swivel wheels go bad (loses the metal bearings)…again. It appears to be the same one as about a year ago…the rear wheel on the smokestack end of my RT-700…which is about 4 years old.

I suspect the failure is based on when I roll my Bull out of my screened porch across the cement patio to the outside (cement) patio and goes across/through one of the cement spacer gaps. It’s also where I’m making a turn. There’s nothing “special” about this spacer gap. It’s what I typically see on all cement sidewalks, driveways, etc. But I guess the weight of the Bull while turning across the spacer gap puts a lot of stress on that particular wheel as it is the outside wheel when making that turn.

Recteq had sent me replacement wheels each time. But I bought a set of these other wheels to see if they’re any sturdier. I’ve only had them on about 4 weeks and I’ve only done 2 cooks in that time…equating to moving the grill just twice.

I have had no issues with the two non-swivel wheels.

I hope this helps in some way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back