Bull Mysterious nut loose in my 700 (new owner)

Dumont

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hello all. New owner here, just took delivery and spent the last couple hours assembling. Probably do a burn out tomorrow.

I found this lock nut rolling around in the firepot. Just want to make sure it's not important as I don't see these in use anywhere else on the smoker.

PXL_20211118_010727023.jpg

Hello all. New owner here, just took delivery and spent the last couple hours assembling. Probably do a burn out tomorrow.

I found this lock nut rolling around in the firepot. Just want to make sure it's not important as I don't see these in use anywhere else on the smoker.

View attachment 13516
Yes! I had the same thing and didn’t realize it for a few months. In my case, it looked a tiny bit different and belonged to the screw of the probe port cover.

View attachment 13516
If you just assembled your grill my guess is that was a random nut left in there from the manufacturing process. Congrats on your new smoker, you’ll love it!

If you just assembled your grill my guess is that was a random nut left in there from the manufacturing process. Congrats on your new smoker, you’ll love it!
Yeah I'm excited. Burn in today, a couple of slabs on Sunday. I'm considering a brisket on Thanksgiving.

I got an acceptance after 8 months for a Franklin stick burner, something I've always wanted (a stick burner) but in the end I decided I couldn't avoid the convenience of pellets (after using my brothers GMG for a couple years). Plus the price....

Now, if I lived in Texas or anywhere warm instead of Iowa, I might have been more tempted...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back