Show us what you're cooking...

Thank you!
You are welcome. Note, this was a for sure success. How do I know? My wife was all about them, so much so, after dinner she went out and unplugged the grill, then put the cover on and cinched it down. I was going to throw the cover over it and unplug it until the next morning. Storms in the area.

So it’s been a little slow here on the forum recently, so I hope I won’t offend anyone by posting something not cooked on the grill. My intention was to grill this, but some nasty weather rolled in last night so this was roasted in the oven. Whole chicken from Wild Fork, stuffed with a lemon, on a bed of mini-gold potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, carrots, and olives. The seasoning is Meat Church Blanco, and while the seasoning looks burned, it really wasn’t an issue. Would have preferred if the presentation was better, but the taste was fantastic!
IMG_2188.jpeg
IMG_2189.jpeg
The MEATER 2 probe also worked perfectly.

You might be wondering why two potatoes? The wife prefers to only eat sweet potatoes, so this way we can both get what we like.

I chalk it up to a slow start to Spring and Summer this year. I know I've only snuck in a few mundane, and not photo worthy, cooks in 2024 where I have to do the mad dash to uncover, cook, and recover my outdoor tools. I have started accumulating proteins and look forward to sharing successes and near misses again soon.

So it’s been a little slow here on the forum recently, so I hope I won’t offend anyone by posting something not cooked on the grill. My intention was to grill this, but some nasty weather rolled in last night so this was roasted in the oven. Whole chicken from Wild Fork, stuffed with a lemon, on a bed of mini-gold potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, carrots, and olives. The seasoning is Meat Church Blanco, and while the seasoning looks burned, it really wasn’t an issue. Would have preferred if the presentation was better, but the taste was fantastic! View attachment 21793View attachment 21794The MEATER 2 probe also worked perfectly.

You might be wondering why two potatoes? The wife prefers to only eat sweet potatoes, so this way we can both get what we like.
Looks great. Oven cooked is good to share with us too. We’re all gonna have rain-outs. 😊

Well being it is Mother’s Day and she got to choose, I was handed a couple of large NY Strips, so no pellets but on the grill. Will be served with baby potatoes and some pasta salad. I will attempt a picture if I can get one without getting bit. 🤣

Nothing fancy…daughters wanted to do a Mothers Day brunch. I broke out the Primate and cooked bacon and sausages on the griddle. (I didn’t think to take a picture until the bacon was on.

We also had French toast, scrambled eggs, (store bought) quiche, and chicken salad on croissants. And a host of beverages…mimosas were the more popular item.

My two oldest daughters are good cooks and did most of the cooking. (I could get somewhat used to that.). Bottom line…it was a great Mothers Day with great weather here in the CHS today.

IMG_1269.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back