Bull Taking the BULL by the horns!

Doublebull

After much more research and mental gymnastics than I care to admit or that the subject should have required I did the deed Monday evening and the bull and I should be coming out of the chute for a wild ride in the morning at Saia's dock....if they have not destroyed it or lost it.
Not waiting on delivery, took a day of vacation to corral this bad boy. Think I will play "The Lonely Bull" Herb Alpert, on loop while I assemble the beast.

GRRRRR!! ##&*%#! Well......Saia customer service tells me this morning it is not due in Tyler until Wednesday. From tracking myself I have seen it is in Jackson MS, and I ask how in the H E double L does it take 3 days to get to Tyler from Jackson MS ? Then I am told no....it is in Jackson MI........WWWHATTT!!!!
I have been in LTL freight business for 30 years lady so why would my shippment come to Tyler via Michigan from Augusta GA? She informs me she has made a mistake (as I am popping a nitro pill under my tongue) and that indeed my treasure is in Jackson MS and should be in Tyler in morning. I inform her that their two day service lane has turned into four days ( I say between sobs and sniffling) and I guess I will have to live with that.
On a positive note my Don Godke down draft should be here ahead of schedule tomorrow as well so maybe it is all for the best. Thank God I have taken three days of vacation to give the Bull my full attention ( wife thinks I am nuts on this count) so I will busy myself otherwise today I guess.:cautious:

GRRRRR!! ##&*%#! Well......Saia customer service tells me this morning it is not due in Tyler until Wednesday. From tracking myself I have seen it is in Jackson MS, and I ask how in the H E double L does it take 3 days to get to Tyler from Jackson MS ? Then I am told no....it is in Jackson MI........WWWHATTT!!!!
I have been in LTL freight business for 30 years lady so why would my shippment come to Tyler via Michigan from Augusta GA? She informs me she has made a mistake (as I am popping a nitro pill under my tongue) and that indeed my treasure is in Jackson MS and should be in Tyler in morning. I inform her that their two day service lane has turned into four days ( I say between sobs and sniffling) and I guess I will have to live with that.
On a positive note my Don Godke down draft should be here ahead of schedule tomorrow as well so maybe it is all for the best. Thank God I have taken three days of vacation to give the Bull my full attention ( wife thinks I am nuts on this count) so I will busy myself otherwise today I guess.:cautious:

I had something similar happen with my RT delivery, and I don't think it's a Texas thing, just a coincidence with that. We're a Podunk stop along I 35 with most transport companies having reload terminals in either Waco to the north or Austin to the south. Most of the LTLs schedule our little village area for a once per week routing. Mine was supposed to be delivered from Austin on a Friday, but they missed loading it which meant an additional week sitting till the next scheduled routing. Apparently I whined sufficiently well when I called to complain as they redirected on Monday and got my delivery in "early" even though it was really late. Anyway, hang tough.

On a positive note the Godke Downdraft showed up early today, a few day ahead of schedule. I wont have to take the cold smoke box off now to install downdraft...can all happen at once now! YAY

Hey @Doublebull ....I feel and went thru your pain....But I promise that when you do finally get it....The wait feeling will disappear in to clouds of wonderful smoke and when you take your first bite of food that comes off of it...It will be well worth every second of it!!
You are so going to love it!!! promise!!

Update. I picked up my RT 700 yesterday got it home and assembled it, a bit of a chore since I did it alone.
Good news is my lid fits perfect and no smoke leakage at edges of door, may not have a reason to apply the lavalock heat gasket as planned. We will see, might do it anyway.

Bad news, smoker box looks like a ball peen hammer has been used on it. GRRRR!

IMG_1107.JPG

Update. I picked up my RT 700 yesterday got it home and assembled it, a bit of a chore since I did it alone.
Good news is my lid fits perfect and no smoke leakage at edges of door, may not have a reason to apply the lavalock heat gasket as planned. We will see, might do it anyway.

Bad news, smoker box looks like a ball peen hammer has been used on it. GRRRR!
Congrats, now the fun begins! As for the smoker box, ouch.. Best to contact RT support and they'll take care of that post haste.

I received my 700 yesterday. I put the lavalock on this morning. I can't wait to cook something on it. It seems incredibly well made. Very happy I chose this one over some of the other brands I was looking at.

I received my 700 yesterday. I put the lavalock on this morning. I can't wait to cook something on it. It seems incredibly well made. Very happy I chose this one over some of the other brands I was looking at.

You are going to love it. I had concerns about the 700 putting out enough smoke after seeing a Treager timberline in action a few months ago, (smoke was intermitent at best) after my first cook today I don't know what I was worried about.

Smoke was evident from low setting all the way up to 300 so I am a happy camper. The beef ribs and chuck roast may not have had the smoke profile of my WSM but plenty good enough.

You are going to love it. I had concerns about the 700 putting out enough smoke after seeing a Treager timberline in action a few months ago, (smoke was intermitent at best) after my first cook today I don't know what I was worried about.

Smoke was evident from low setting all the way up to 300 so I am a happy camper. The beef ribs and chuck roast may not have had the smoke profile of my WSM but plenty good enough.

I am super happy that you are lovin the Bull Life!! It only gets better from here!!

Did you contact Rec Tec about the cold smoke box? Mine came similar and they sent me a new one...no questions asked!!

I am super happy that you are lovin the Bull Life!! It only gets better from here!!

Did you contact Rec Tec about the cold smoke box? Mine came similar and they sent me a new one...no questions asked!!

Yes I did contact them and they offered store credit or replacement and I took replacement. I do have to send damaged unit back, was hoping to avoid that but oh well.

Had thoughts of donating it or selling really reasonably as it would still perform it's designed function if someone within easy driving distance wanted it. I wont quibble over that aspect though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back