Bear Country

So they are also a problem getting into people's homes, ya know since there are typically strong smells inside which bears may find very appealing? So many who live in bear country all over the US and Canada, cannot say I have heard of widespread issues with bears getting into or destroying a person's grill. I could very well be wrong on that, otherwise I haven't a clue how someone would go about grilling/smoking in bear country.
You are correct the cases are rare. That is usually because bears can find another food source. I have friends that own property in western NC. They are meticulous about not leaving food and remnants outside. They even truck their trash to the local landfill before they leave town and wash out their truck bed. They forgot about their grill and when they returned, all that was left was some bent up metal and the grates on the ground. Fortunately, they turned the propane tank off manually or it could have been bad. Typically, you don’t have to be the best at cleaning. Just better than your closest neighbor, lol. I frequent Yosemite often and I am always surprised at how often someone will return from their day of hiking to discover their car door or window broken and the signs of a bear being curious. I have actually been there when they had to put a bear “down” because some clod left a cooler or a food locker unattended and outside. In those cases, they took it out on the wrong culprit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back